USB Wireless Audio Sender - latency question

USB 2.0 - USB 3.0 - FireWire - Hubs - Cables - Adapters
4 posts Page 1 of 1
SndSucker
by SndSucker » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:15 am
Hello

I am interested in the USB Wireless Audio Sender but I'm concerned that it might have latency

I have tested an apple airport express, which provides a similar functionality, but transmitting sound from my laptop to it I get a latency of over 1 second. this is fine for listening to the radio but not for transmitting audio that needs to be in synch with video

is this an issue also with the Lindy product?

LINDY Gary
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Gary » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 pm
Hi There,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we have not noticed any such issues but it really depends on the overall setup. Latency is a symptom of when a data encapsulation or transport process is being extended by an additional technology or compensation is occuring because of piece of equipment is being used that is not native to entire system.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Gary Singh

kwiatek
by kwiatek » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 pm
Hi,

I am interested in the same thing - what sort of audio latency should I expect? Let's assume there is no additional technology, no non-native equipment etc. What is the guaranteed max latency for something as native as windows system sounds?

Thanks and regards
kwiatek

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:36 am
We have no specs on the actually latency, when tested it was only used with audio devices and not timed up with video or another track.
4 posts Page 1 of 1