USB Guitar Cable+mac+garageband= no sound

USB 2.0 - USB 3.0 - FireWire - Hubs - Cables - Adapters
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Cattola
by Cattola » Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 pm
Hello,

This morning I received my Lindy USB guitar cable (bought on Amazon). I plug the usb in my mac (macbookpro 1 1/2 years old, snow leopard), I set up the sound system preferences and the audio midi setup accordingly to instructions, I plug the cable in my guitar, I've also set up garage band (last version) preferences and...no sound. My guitar volume was at max, the sound indicators on screen were reacting as they were hearing the guitar but no guitar sound from my speakers. Of course the speakers were on and all the volume indicators I could find were on. Then I tried to use one of the garageband guitar lessons and finally, changing options in the mixer I heard my guitar playing. But it was just for a minute. I started to use the built in tuner and after few sounds the guitar was mute again except that the last note played was being repeated like in a loop doing "dongdongdongdong" and the only way to stop it was to close the garageband project or turning off the monitor button. So...what is the problem? I'm quite new to all this stuff so I don't really know how to resolve this problem and actually where the problem is.
Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed May 11, 2011 4:36 pm
Hi Cattola,

We are going to update the instructions and get back to you.

Best Regards
Chris

Cattola
by Cattola » Wed May 11, 2011 5:26 pm
Thank you Chris :)

LINDY Michael
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Michael » Thu May 12, 2011 2:17 pm
Hi Cattola

Please take a look at this post on our blog:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/blog/2011/05/12/ ... geband-11/USB Guitar Cable in Garageband '11

It's instructions for using our cable with the latest version of Garageband. It should be suitable for most other recent versions too.

Can you try and install your cable following the instructions as closely as possible to see if it clears up your problems?

Thanks

MikeO

Cattola
by Cattola » Thu May 12, 2011 7:22 pm
Lovely,

all problems solved! :)

Thanks!
5 posts Page 1 of 1