USb guitar cable no live output sound

USB 2.0 - USB 3.0 - FireWire - Hubs - Cables - Adapters
9 posts Page 1 of 1
guitaro
by guitaro » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:33 pm
I just got this cable, my recording programs such as cool edit pro etc...can read the guitar and record it. Then when I play back the recording I can hear the guitar.

However I cannot hear the electric guitar being played when I play it.

I have messed with all options such as output sound set to my soundcard etc in control panel and in cool edit options etc.....so that is not the problem.

I dont know why but I cant hear the guitar being played using this usb lead. Yet I can record it and play it back.

Can you advise me please

Thanks

PS- should it not be possible to hear the guitar just playing whilst on desktop? I assumed this would be the case? Right?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:08 am
Hello,

This is limitation of the software. Not all software packages support 'monitoring'

We have installed cool edit pro and cannot see any option to allow this. It seems it is a common issue among the users.

It is not normal to hear any sound on the desktop. It normally requires a software package. Although I think windows 7 does allow you to change it somewhere in the settings to allow you to hear your input device.

Chris

guitaro
by guitaro » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:15 pm
Hello,

This is limitation of the software. Not all software packages support 'monitoring'

We have installed cool edit pro and cannot see any option to allow this. It seems it is a common issue among the users.

It is not normal to hear any sound on the desktop. It normally requires a software package. Although I think windows 7 does allow you to change it somewhere in the settings to allow you to hear your input device.

Chris
oh really? I assumed it would be the same as plugging the guitar lead directly into the soundcard. When I do this I can hear the guitar on desktop.

But for this usb cable the sound can only be monitored through software? Which software?

I have only tried on xp but I have win 7 on pc dual boot so will try it on that later and see if it allows monitoring?

Cheers.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:39 pm
We normally recommend reaper, as its quite popular and you can download a free trail

If your only looking for guitar effects then you could try a demo of guitar rig or amplitube.

These all should have the option to allow the input directly to the output via the software. Its normally called direct monitoring or sometimes you just need to set the correct input / output.

I hope this helps.

Chris

guitaro
by guitaro » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:50 pm
We normally recommend reaper, as its quite popular and you can download a free trail

If your only looking for guitar effects then you could try a demo of guitar rig or amplitube.

These all should have the option to allow the input directly to the output via the software. Its normally called direct monitoring or sometimes you just need to set the correct input / output.

I hope this helps.

Chris
thanks I actually play my guitar through a pre-amp multi effects box so i just need some simple software that allows monitoring.

ANy recommendation based on this?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Windows 7 has the option inside the sound options (can't remember exactly where)

I don't know many simple programs, one I've just seen is Smart audio monitor. http://www.kadtronix.com/smartaudio.htm

This looks basic but only seems to support up to xp and also costs. I'm sure free ones are available.

guitaro
by guitaro » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:30 pm
Windows 7 has the option inside the sound options (can't remember exactly where)

I don't know many simple programs, one I've just seen is Smart audio monitor. http://www.kadtronix.com/smartaudio.htm

This looks basic but only seems to support up to xp and also costs. I'm sure free ones are available.
ok thanks for your help

guitaro
by guitaro » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:06 pm
ok i got it to work with monitor but there is like a 0.5-1sec delay in play. Is this normal with usb? I noticed it before on old usb soundcard I had. It seems need direct input to soundcard for 0s delay.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:04 am
This is quite common I'm afraid.

One way to drastically reduce this is to use AISO4all drivers.

Chris
9 posts Page 1 of 1