USB Guitar Cable

USB 2.0 - USB 3.0 - FireWire - Hubs - Cables - Adapters
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Dave_
by Dave_ » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 pm
Hi,

I've recently purchased your cable and can't get a decent sound out of it. On my Mac Air, using Garageband, there's a huge amount of background hiss. I've tried two different cables, and both suffer the same problem. I've tested different USB ports, disconnected all peripherals in case there was any interference, all to no avail.

Do you have any recommendations or am I best just returning it?

Thanks,
Dave.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:58 pm
Hello,

We are unable to test with the setup you have. We've not experienced any problems like what you describe. The normal complaint is latency, which can be sometimes solved.

Is it possible to try another machine to true out the Macbook Air?

Chris

Dave_
by Dave_ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:44 am
Hi,

I tried using it on a Windows Vista machine with a guitar rig demo but couldn't get guitar rig to actually start up properly. It was fine, but whenever I tried changing the input device it would crash!

I did however discover that your cable worked fine when connected to the Mac Air via a USB hub. I figure that means that your cable doesn't have sufficient shielding.

Thanks for your help,
Dave.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:26 am
It could mean a few things. One of them could be shielding.

Did you have the power supply connected in both tests? As this is known to cause issues.

Chris

Dave_
by Dave_ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:38 am
I tested with / without the power supply, and with / without an external monitor. It still failed with just the cable plugged into the laptop and nothing else.

Thanks.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:41 am
I'm afraid we don't have a Macbook Air to test it with, but it does seem strange that a USB makes a difference.

If you are unhappy with the product you can always return it here http://www.lindy.co.uk/shop/returnsMerchandise.do

Chris
6 posts Page 1 of 1