Lindy USB Guitar lead not showing up on MacBook Pro

USB 2.0 - USB 3.0 - FireWire - Hubs - Cables - Adapters
5 posts Page 1 of 1
ianmorrisflat
by ianmorrisflat » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:15 pm
I recently bought the Lindy USB Audio Guitar Cable. I have plugged it into the USB port of my MacBook Pro (running Mountain Lion) and the blue light has come on the USB end. When I go into System Preferences -------> Sounds --------> Input, nothing shows up to say that the cable has been recognised. I know that it should say something like 'C-Media USB Audio Device', but nothing! The USB slots work fine for all other peripherals i have, just not this. Is there anything you can suggest to make this work?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

LINDY John
LINDY Staff
by LINDY John » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:50 am
Hi Ian,

I suspect Mountain Lion maybe the problem. We have not tested on this OS. Could you test the cable on another OS just to rule out a fault?

ianmorrisflat
by ianmorrisflat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:34 am
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. (keen to get using the equipment)

I have plugged the lead into my PC at work and it pops up straight away. It says I would need to get drivers but it is definitely recognised.

Not able to test on another Mac OS yet, but I doubt it is the cable that is at fault. If it is an issue with Mountain Lion, what will I be able to do?

Thanks again

Ian

LINDY John
LINDY Staff
by LINDY John » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 am
If you purchased the item to work specifically with Mountain Lion I would suggest returning the item as incompatible. If you purchased direct from Lindy then complete our online returns form in the support section. If purchased from a re-seller please contact them to return the item.

ianmorrisflat
by ianmorrisflat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 am
Ok, that's a bit annoying. Thanks for your help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1