USB audio grabber

USB 2.0 - USB 3.0 - FireWire - Hubs - Cables - Adapters
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Brian.biffin
by Brian.biffin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:51 pm
I have a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.9.3 Maverick. Importing audio into Audacity 2.0.6 first 5 seconds have a burbling / repeating corruption, audio is then fine for 15 seconds then the corruption repeats and so on. By dropping the sample rate from 48K to 8K the corruption becomes a half second "fizz" effect. Tried all the extremes of all th either Audacity parameters to no avail. Same effect is noticed on importing to Garage Band, but slightly less obvious. My MBP has the 2.5Ghz intel processor, 8Gb ram and almost 450Gb space on the hd. So it should fly! Also tried turning off all other apps including bluetooth, wifi etc. No joy.
Any ideas, anyone?
Brian.biffin
by Brian.biffin » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:11 pm
I have also tried the Lindy audio grabber with a Mac Pro running Final Cut Pro 7. Exactly the same problem! Is the Lindy audio grabber faulty or does it not like Macs?
Answers please!!
LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:40 am
Hi Brian,

We've not had any reports of anything similar on Macs. I can only assume that it has some sort of fault or strange incompatibility that we have not seen before.

You can return the device using the online returns form.

Best Regards
Chris
Brian.biffin
by Brian.biffin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:18 pm
Hi Chris,
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm working in S.E. France till next March. I ordered the device from your french webshop in Mundolsheim. My french is not good enough to explain to them what is going on so I'll return it to you when I get back to the UK, if that's agreeable.
In the meantime, I've put out a few feelers, so a solution may turn up.
Thanks again,
Brian
LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:22 pm
Hi Brian,

I'm afraid we can't handle overseas orders that didn't come from the UK. It would need to be returned to Lindy France.

I'm pretty sure that english is well spoken in the company.

Chris
5 posts Page 1 of 1