USB to PS/2 Adapter 42866 - Keys "sticking"

USB 2.0 - USB 3.0 - FireWire - Hubs - Cables - Adapters
2 posts Page 1 of 1
marinedalek
by marinedalek » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:47 pm
Hi, I have the above adaptor, and when my keyboard is connected to it (Sejin SKM-1040) certain key events appear to be dropped, resulting in odd behaviour. If tapped, any key on the keyboard has a roughly 75% chance of sticking. The key will then "release" if an another key on the keyboard is pressed, which seems to suggest that the key release message is being queued but not sent until the next physical keypress. The next keypress also has the same chance of not sending its release message, so the initial stuck key may be replaced with another.

I was wondering if this is a known driver/compatibility issue, or a common fault. I do have a much cheaper adaptor which does not exhibit this behaviour with this keyboard (albeit with its own limitations), and neither does another computer that natively supports PS/2.

Any help would be much appreciated!
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:10 am
Hi Marinedalek,

We haven't really seen this issue before with that adapter, it shouldn't be causing your keyboard to repeat the same keys over and over again.

Unfortunately it sounds as though it may have developed a fault, or there is the possibility that there is some form of incompatibility. I would recommend return it to the place of purchase for testing, if purchased directly through Lindy then the easiest way to do that would be via our online returns form here:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374

Guy
2 posts Page 1 of 1