Mysterious device appeared on my LAN

Ethernet - Switches - Hubs - Enclosures - Patch Panels - Cabinets
1 post Page 1 of 1
Shawnturner
by Shawnturner » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:09 am
Hi all,

From time to time I scan my home LAN to check that all the IP addresses are as expected and to see if there are any anomalies.

This evening from nmap I got this:

MAC Address: 00:13:E0:9B:11:69 (Murata Manufacturing Co.)
Warning: OSScan results may be unreliable because we could not find at least 1 open and 1 closed port
Device type: VoIP phone|switch|general purpose
Running (JUST GUESSING) : Grandstream embedded (98%), SMC embedded (92%), DEC TOPS-20 (89%)
Aggressive OS guesses: Grandstream GXP2000 VoIP phone (98%), SMC 8024L2 switch (92%), Grandstream GXP2020 VoIP phone (90%), DEC TOPS-20 (89%)
No exact OS matches for host (test conditions non-ideal).

Unless I've got a huge gap in my memory, this doesn't in any way correspond to anything known to be connected to my LAN. I should explain that this is a mixed wired/wireless LAN. There is no security on the wireless part, but as our house is way out in the country with no other regularly inhabited house within 300m, I've always taken a relaxed view of the likelihood of somebody using my wireless connection. Normally there are 2-3 Windows PCs + 2 Linux servers on the wired LAN, plus 1-2 laptops and an iPhone, plus a Netgear router/modem, plus a simple (non-smart) switch. All of these show as expected in the nmap scan.

Any ideas as to what this alien device could be?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
1 post Page 1 of 1