KM Switch 32162

PS/2 - USB - LCD Consoles - Remote Management
8 posts Page 1 of 1
nweeden
by nweeden » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:36 am
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the KM switch 32162 not registering certain mice properly. I'm using it to control a Windows 7 PC an i5 iMac. Unfortunately I can't get it to work with any mice other than the basic Apple mouse and an ancient Logitech gaming mouse. For all the other mice I've tried the cursors scrolls horizontally across or jerks about uncontrollably.

Mice that have failed:
hp 600554.002
Logitech B110
Microsoft comfort mouse 3000

Any suggestions on why these don't work? They work fine on both machines without the KM Switch. Is there a certain type of mouse I need to make this work?

Cheers

Nick

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:42 am
Hi Nick,

In our testing it has worked with every USB mouse that we tried that supported the standard HID drivers.

However we've seen some incompatibility issues with certain mice, we are not 100% sure why this is happening.

The problem is that it is the device that holds the software for the mice instead of the PC. So nothing can be done to configure them.

Chris

petebing
by petebing » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:11 pm
Hi

I am having exactly the same problem with this product, controlling two PCs (one Windows XP and one Windows 7). It's not the KVM switching software as the problem occurs when that is not running. I have tried a number of mice and find they are all scrolling around erratically when moved - it's totally unusable. It also doesn't seem to register wireless devices (they are not detected at all). Each of the devices used has never had to have specific drivers loaded - they just use the standard HID drivers.

It seems that there are less mice that do work with it than mice that don't - can you please list which mice have actually been tested and work successfully with this device?

Cheers

Pete

petebing
by petebing » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:00 pm
Hi

As an update, I have managed to get it to work with a simple HP mouse (though it failed with the previous simple HP mouse, so go figure eh?), so at least it's useable now. Interestingly, when I plugged in the wireless receiver at the same time as the mouse, it dragged the mouse response down so that it jerked over the screen when you moved it. We have given up on the idea of a wireless set working and gone back to a basic USB keyboard which does the job.

Cheers
Pete

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:43 pm
Hi,

We have never got any wireless devices working and do not recommend them.

We are still confused by the mouse issue, as you say the same brand can have different models that act differently. I will take a look at our original test report to see if I can find out the models of the mice used.

We are also looking into a new unit which should allow transparent mice use.

Chris

GSB
by GSB » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:26 am
The KM Switch 32162 is exactly what I need, apart from I need something to work with a wireless mouse (a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000 in my case).

I am tempted to try my luck as even just reliable keyboard switching and having two mice would be better than nothing if it turns out my primary wireless mouse is not compatible.

However I would also consider a KVM (just not using the video part) if you have a two port USB KVM that supports wireless mice. Can you recommend one?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 am
Hi,

The only product we have that we could recommend wireless mice and devices would be a true transparent USB ports, these are only available on the new higher spec KVMs.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/kvm-switches-ext ... -ttu-p7385
http://www.lindy.co.uk/kvm-switches-ext ... link-p7388

Chris

GSB
by GSB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:50 am
Thanks. I'll be interested when your new product comes out as that could be ideal.

For now I went for the USB KM. It doesn't work with my Microsoft Bluetrack wireless mouse, but I tested it with a couple of older MS wireless optical mice (the ones where the receiver is a sort of puck on a long fly lead) and both worked.

Two wireless mice I can live with (one actually connected to both computers via the KM, the better mouse only in my main machine). At least I only need one keyboard on my desk.
8 posts Page 1 of 1