KVM USB issue

PS/2 - USB - LCD Consoles - Remote Management
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Gonesolo
by Gonesolo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:29 am
I have KVM switch model 32777. I am swtiching between a laptop running Windows 7 and a Desktop running Windows 8.1.

I have a USB headphones (Logitech H800) which I use for VOIP/Skype which I plug directly into the USB ports on the laptop, but I have also tried using the USB port on the KVM.

My problem is, everytime I switch from one machine to the other, the switch also disconnects my head set. Like I said this doesn't seem to matter if the headset is plugged directly into my laptop USB port, a USB port on the port replicator or the spare USB port on the KVM.

It means that every time I switch machines I have to restart my VOIP application and there is no way I can switch while on a call.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:53 am
Hi,

I have never seen this device switch a USB device that was not plugged into the hub on the KVM.

I could understand if it was plugged in to the switch, as this would swap to the other machine.

Chris

Gonesolo
by Gonesolo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 am
I know its weird.

The USB adaptor for the H800 is plugged into my laptop and my headset connects to it wirelessly however when I change pc's it appears to loose connection for a second. This is enough then to disconnect the headset from my VOIP application and I loose connection. If I'm on a call I lose the call completely even though the line stays open.
3 posts Page 1 of 1