KM switch on apple extended keyboard no Scroll Lock!

PS/2 - USB - LCD Consoles - Remote Management
5 posts Page 1 of 1
spellmaster
by spellmaster » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:36 pm
I recently purchased a KM switch to switch between to apple devices that share a single monitor. I was initially impressed by the unit, however having now purchased a proper extended apple keyboard to complete my mac-ness i find i can no longer use the switcher.

The apple extended keyboard has no scroll lock button. forums suggest the same function can be achieved by pressing F14 but i have tried a number of combinations and nothing works.

I then moved to try the software to switch but this doesn't seem to work properly either. I have it loaded on my mac and i can see that it is showing the current state of the device. However when i right click, the only menu items i have are: Options, Show all windows, Hide , Quit. So i cant change the settings via the software =(

I would go back to using an old standard PC keyboard but i then lose all of the extra functions that are on the mac f keys, brightness control volume etc.

Is it possible to update the firmware on these devices to select another hot key to do the switching or a software update that makes it work on the latest OSX.

Thanks

Iain
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:39 am
Hi Iain,

Please could you confirm the Part Number of the KM Switch? Once I know that, I'll get one out to try with our Mac and Apple Keyboard, and see if we can find a solution for you.

Guy
Etahu333

by Etahu333 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:09 am
nice
spellmaster
by spellmaster » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:03 pm
Hi on the label it has
2 port USB Cable KM Switch
No. 32165

on the lindy site
http://www.lindy.co.uk/kvm-c6/kvm-switc ... itch-p7901
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:01 am
Hi Iain,

We have tested this KM switch on a Mac with Apple Keyboard recently and unfortunately it is not compatible. As there is no scroll lock on the Apple keyboard, you cannot switch between the two connected PC/Macs.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, we have updated our manual to reflect this change and the website will be amended to reflect this soon.

Guy
5 posts Page 1 of 1