Module KVM over IP Classic

PS/2 - USB - LCD Consoles - Remote Management
4 posts Page 1 of 1
javyer
by javyer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:50 pm
Hello,

I'm reading Manual from 39522 IP module for KVM classic 8/16.
I see a mini-usb connector(from online store image), is this one that hold virtual-media ?
So there is only one virtual-media connected ? That's really pity :(
Is there any recommend USB switch remote capable to share this USB connexion? :roll:

Thanks

Javyer

LINDY Michael
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Michael » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm
Hi Jayver

This is currently not a product that we sell in the UK so I'm not that familiar with it. I'll ask our KVM Switch Product Manager to see if he can help with your enquiry. He's off work this afternoon so I'll post an update tomorrow morning.

MikeO

LINDY Michael
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Michael » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:19 pm
Hi Javyer

Just to confirm, the Mini USB port is for remote mass storage. A PC can be connected to the port. The servers/PCs connected to the KVM switch can then access the PC as a remote mass storage device.

As far as I know it hasn't been tested with a USB switch but I'll check with our colleagues in LINDY Germany.

MikeO

LINDY Michael
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Michael » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:23 pm
A quick update...One of our technicians in Germany has done some pretty exhaustive testing of our IP Access Switches and modules with a selection of different USB Sharers.The results are that connecting a USB sharer / switch to the USB port doesn't work! Only one PC can be connected to the virtual media port.

MikeO
4 posts Page 1 of 1