4 Port KVM Switch PRO USB, DisplayPort & Audio (2015 model)

PS/2 - USB - LCD Consoles - Remote Management
5 posts Page 1 of 1
steviewest
by steviewest » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:40 pm
This switch worked fine for 3 years, connected to four Mac Mini servers. I’ve only ever controlled it using the front panel buttons.

Since I unplugged it and moved it a few days ago, it doesn’t work properly. Now, once locked onto one of the computers (steaty white light) the buttons no longer work to switch between the computers. It will also sometimes lock onto a computer showing the video but the keyboard and mouse won’t work.
LINDY Adam
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Adam » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:00 pm
HI Steviewest,

Have you changed anything in your set-up? Length of cable?

Would it be possible to power everything down. Once everything is powered down can you turn everything back on starting with the monitor, KVM then the Mac mini servers?

Regards Adam
steviewest
by steviewest » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:20 pm
Hi Adam

The cabling is all the same - I only moved the setup a few feet and nothing has changed.

I should be able to switch everything off this evening then turn them back on in that order. I'll let you know the result.

Thanks, Steve West
steviewest
by steviewest » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:04 pm
OK, starting with everything powered off...

Turned on monitor first.
Then powered up KVM using external power supply.
Button 1 white light flashing & red light on steady.

Powered up first server:
Button 1 white & red lights now steady. Display comes up. Keyboard and mouse work initially for entering login password.
When server finishes booting, display still working, but keyboard & mouse stop responding. Mouse still has power as its red tracking light is on.
Subsequently no response pressing other buttons to switch ports ready for booting next server.
LINDY Adam
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Adam » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:54 am
Hi Steviewest,

I'm afraid that it does sound like the unit is faulty. Unfortunately the unit is out of warranty and wouldn't be able to replace it.

Apologies I wasn't able to help fix the issues on this occasion.

Regards Adam
5 posts Page 1 of 1