KVM Switch model 42340 - no display

PS/2 - USB - LCD Consoles - Remote Management
3 posts Page 1 of 1
NeilT
by NeilT » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:26 am
I've just bought a 42340 KVM switch and it doesn't seem to work with my LG monitor. The monitor is connected to the KVM switch with a 1m HDMI cable and then the 2 HDMI cables and the 2 USB cables from the switch are plugged in to two laptops. There is also a USB keyboard and a USB mouse plugged in to the KVM switch. If I press the wired switch button to toggle between the two laptops, the internal screen on the selected laptop goes blank but nothing displays on the external monitor. The keyboard works and I can type but can't see what I'm typing. If I press the switch to toggle to the second laptop, the internal screen on the first laptop comes back on and I can then see what I typed and the internal screen on the second laptop goes blank but does not display on the monitor.
I installed the software from the CD on the second laptop to see if that was needed but it made no difference to the display issue.
Any suggestions on what I can try next would be appreciated.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:50 am
Hi Neil,

It sounds as though your laptops are detecting the KVM as a secondary display however no video is actually getting to the monitor.

Would it be possible to try either a different monitor or TV, and also may be worth trying a different HDMI cable in case that is the issue?

Guy
NeilT
by NeilT » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:13 pm
Thanks Guy, it turned out to be the cable. I swapped the cable connecting the monitor with one from my Apple TV and it all works now, even the Apple TV. Obviously not all HDMI cables are equal!
Regards
Neil
3 posts Page 1 of 1