How long to clone drives with USB Docking station?

Anything that doesn't fit in the below or just general help
4 posts Page 1 of 1
collector
by collector » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 pm
I've got the USB 2.0 Docking/Cloning station. I'm trying to clone 2 identical Western Digital 1.5 TB drives and have followed the instructions carefully. How long should this take? I've had it going for 17 hours and it still has purple and blue lights on?

I have 2 of the Docking stations and I know i've done it successfully before, but I'm not sure if I've cloned on this one before. It always takes a long time, but 17 hours seem too long.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 am
We have had certain ~200GB drives that can take 6 hours. So at the moment I think it is still plausible that it is cloning.

Unfortunately like some other models we have, the docking station has no status LED's to indicate the percentage complete.

Best Regards

Chris

rui.rocha@netcabo.pt
by rui.rocha@netcabo.pt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 pm
Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to clone a 1Tb disk (SATA) into a 2Tb disk (SATA) for 36 hours. In the last few hours their is no more blue lights... justo fixed red ones (left, center and right) of the docking station. Their are still activity noise from the source disk but no blue leds.

As a result of previous cloning the dock was shut down when finished and never took that long even for larger disks.

Is their any way to see any log of the activity? Is it normal to take that long?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 am
In our tests it can take up to 6 hours for a disk that big, I don't think 36 sounds right.

I'd suggest starting again, but before running a disk check on the source disk.

This model cannot give you a percentage I'm afraid.

Chris
4 posts Page 1 of 1