LINDY CROMO NCX-100 Noise Cancelling Headphones

Anything that doesn't fit in the below or just general help
9 posts Page 1 of 1
tetrisdroid
by tetrisdroid » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:44 pm
Hoping someone can help. I just spent nearly £100 on these and they don't seem to be working correctly.

In ANC mode, the headphones work for about 20mins, then without warning they emit a "pop" sound and turn themselves off.
This only happens in ANC mode.

I see in the product description that these headphones have an auto power off setting when using ANC and/or Bass mode.
Is the issue I'm experiencing related to this setting and if so, can I disable this power saving mode?

Or are the headphones simply faulty?

I purchased these on Amazon.co.uk and the seller is unwilling/unable to offer any technical support. I would rather not return them if I can find a solution. Hence my post here.

Can anyone advise?
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:11 am
Hi Tetrisdroid,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with our headphones. Does this issue only occur at low volume levels or does it also happen when the volume is turned up?

Does it happen if you put a new battery into the headphones?

Guy
tetrisdroid
by tetrisdroid » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:59 am
Hi Tetrisdroid,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with our headphones. Does this issue only occur at low volume levels or does it also happen when the volume is turned up?

Does it happen if you put a new battery into the headphones?

Guy
Hi there, it happens at all volumes. I also bought new batteries to be sure.
tetrisdroid
by tetrisdroid » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:33 pm
On closer inspection, it seems to be when the volume is at the lower end.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:18 am
The headphones do have a power saving feature so if your source is outputting a very low volume, it may not be enough for the power saving circuit to detect, causing the headphones to turn off. I'm afraid the only solution I could offer would be to turn the volume up slightly.

Guy
Etahu333

by Etahu333 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:34 am
the most common fault on a pair of audio headphones is sound only coming from one ear or side . if you have an expensive pair of earphones , replacing them by buying ones is not always the best option.

the reason for sound to only come out of one side is the wires near the audio jack have gotten bent back and forth so many times that it has caused a short in the wiring .to fix your headphones correctly.

the cromo ncx-100 is most advanced model and offers some fantastic qualities when it comes to sound.
teamx123
by teamx123 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:43 am
The difference is largest in the pair of headphones we do not balance after one-time use recommended for a reasonable solution =( =(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
teefury
pmonjo
by pmonjo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 am
I am having exactly the same problem as the OP. My intention, when I purchased these headphones, was to use them in planes, sometimes without any music, trying to sleep. However, every now and then, when there is no music playing, they disconnect.

Has there been any fix for this issue?
LINDY John
LINDY Staff
by LINDY John » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:58 am
Noise cancelling Headphones are not designed to be used without music/audio. The NCX 100's have an energy saving feature which means that if no music or audio at a very low volume is detected then the Headphones will switch off
9 posts Page 1 of 1