USB 3.0 Dual SATA 6G Mobile RAID System for 2 x 2.5 SATA HDD (Part No. 43125.)

Anything that doesn't fit in the below or just general help
8 posts Page 1 of 1
pagudo
by pagudo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:19 pm
Hi:
I recently bought a USB 3.0 Dual SATA 6G Mobile RAID System for 2 x 2.5 SATA HDD (Part No. 43125.)
In this device I have inserted two 1TB SSD to minimize the overall weight.
I do not get the appliance run in any RAID mode correctly. In all modes, the device starts operating properly and within seconds crashes.
I tested the device on two different computers, a desktop with windows 8.1 pro and one laptop with windows 7 x64 pro. I've also changed the discs slot, but the result is the same in all cases.

What could be happening to the device?
Thank you
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:12 pm
Hi Pagudo,

If you connect the SSDs to a computer directly, do they function OK? If so, when you then connect them to the drive enclosure and to a PC, can you view them in Disk Management?

Guy
pagudo
by pagudo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:11 pm
Hello
Yes, the disks work correctly when I plug them into a SATA port on the motherboard.
When I use the USB device, disk Manager recognizes the device and I can format disks properly according to the type of RAID that is selected in the device.
When I try to write information to the device it is when it stops working.

Thank you
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:16 pm
Hi Pagudo,

If you can see the disks through the USB RAID System then it sounds as though it is functioning and has installed correctly.

What are you using to write files? If you just create a text file or folder for example, does that crash the unit?

Are you able to read and write files to the SSDs when connected directly to the motherboard?

Guy
pagudo
by pagudo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:10 pm
Good afternoon:
To write information I use the file manager. I have also tried from the command line "robocopy source destination / MIR" but I obtained the same result.
When I write a single file on disk this works fine, but when I do massively, giving the device is hung and I need to restart the device to make this work again.
When the disks are connected directly to the motherboard, the result of all the tests I've done writing and reading have been correct.

Regards

Pagudo
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:51 am
Hi Pagudo,

You should just be able to read and write files with the file manager built into your OS. This issue isn't something we have seen before really, it's possible that the speed of the SSDs themselves is the cause of the issue, if too much data is being moved too quickly then it could stop the device from working. There is always of course the chance this simply just isn't compatible with your motherboard.

Either way, I think it's best if we get that back to have a look at. If purchased directly through Lindy, please could you fill a returns form out here:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374

Guy
pagudo
by pagudo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:14 am
Hi:

I have taken a little more time to answer because I've been looking normal SATA disks (no SSD). Tests I've done have the same result.
The device I have purchased from a local reseller and I'd like to know that I have to do to repair or replace the device me.

Thank you very much
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:59 pm
If bought from a re-seller or third party, then I'm afraid you would have to return it to them.

If it's also failing with normal HDDs then it could be either incompatible with your PC set-up, or faulty.

Guy
8 posts Page 1 of 1