BNX-60

Anything that doesn't fit in the below or just general help
6 posts Page 1 of 1
jamesy
by jamesy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:09 am
Hi I just purchased a pair of BNX-60's, in the manual it states that when the ANC is ON "you may hear a slight hissing" "that should cease in a few seconds".
this is not the case with mine the hiss is present all the time and is very noticeable at low volumes even with volume all the way down, is his a known issue or are the headphones I have faulty, should they be silent?
other than the hiss they appear to be working fine.

thanks

James
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 am
Hi James,

The slight hissing is caused by the active noise cancelling, when first enabled it may be more noticeable as the headphones work out what frequencies to cancel out. It should become less obvious after this however depending on the environment and noise around the headphones, it may still be slightly audible.

Guy
jamesy
by jamesy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:11 am
Hi On a flight from Dubai to Hong Kong last week my headphones with ANC On just suddenly stopped working, they appear to work in passive mode.
I have noticed that if i plug them in to charge the red led will only come on when the 3.5 mm jack cable is unplugged even if it is not connected to anything at the other end.
just touching the headphone jack with the 3.5 mm cable turns off the red charge led.

Have you seen this problem before and should I just return them?

Thanks

James
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:30 am
Hi James,

Sorry for the late reply, our system didn't notify us of your reply unfortunately.

This isn't really something we have seen before, the red light should come on when they are charging via the Micro-B connector, touching the 3.5mm jack shouldn't cause the headphones to turn off or the light to turn off.

I would recommend returning these to the place of purchase, if bought directly through Lindy you can return then via our online returns form here:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374

Guy
jamesy
by jamesy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:31 am
Hi Guy,

I actually returned the first pair and was sent a replacement pair, I have out of curiosity tried these new ones and they appear to be doing the same thing.
plug them in to charge red led will come on and again if the 3.5mm cable is plugged in the red led will go off.
I have also noticed that if I try using Bluetooth the sound/signal appears to be breaking up intermittently I have tried the same tracks over Bluetooth in my car and there
is no problem with my source (phone).
Do you have a pair headphones to try simulating this issue it would good to know if this is normal behaviour or not, what are the chances of two pairs doing the same thing?

Regards

James
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:36 pm
Hi James,

I've had a look into this and it is actually a safety feature. As with any headphones, power will be sent over the 3.5mm jack to drive the speakers, to avoid overloading the battery when you connect a 3.5mm jack the USB charging will be disabled.

It's a bit unusual that your bluetooth is dropping out and I cannot seem to replicate with a set of the headphones here, I think it may just be best for you to return this for us to have a look at unfortunately. I do apologise for any inconvenience, it really is very unusual for one set of these headphones to develop a fault, let alone two in a row.

Guy
6 posts Page 1 of 1