BNX-60 issues

Anything that doesn't fit in the below or just general help
4 posts Page 1 of 1
nmarchini
by nmarchini » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am
Hi,

I got some BNX-60 headphones as a gift for Christmas and I have noticed a few problems. Can someone from Lindy comment here of contact me directly to discuss them further please?

1. When connected to my phone via bluetooth the connection sometimes cuts out/crackles. This occurs when I look over my left shoulder, my phone is in the front pocket of my coat on the left side, so just above the hip. Is this expected behaviour? If i move the phone to the right pocket and then look over my shoulder then it gets much worse.

2. If i use the headphones for more than about 15 mins I get pain across my head where the headband crosses my head. I've used tons of headphones in the past and never had this issue with wired headphones, I have two other headphones that I use regularly and can sit with then on all day with no issues (both are wired not wireless)

3. The noise cancellation is minimal, I can still hear conversations and traffic and tube noise when the noise cancelling is turned on. I have tried other noise cancelling headphones in these environments and they perform much better.

has anyone else experienced similar issues?
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:00 pm
Hi nmarchini,

It's very unusual for these headphones to cut out, especially at such a short distance. We have tested these in the way you have described today without issue, and even if we send the audio from a phone to the headphones through a wall it still works fine. It may just be that there is some form of incompatibility occurring between your model of phone and the headphones unfortunately.

In regards to the comfort of the headphones, the headband is adjustable and if these headphones are not suitable for you then we do offer a 30 day no quibble returns period. With the noise cancelling you won't have 100% of outside noise removed however the NC function is highly regarded as shown by the 5 star What Hi-Fi review.

If you are unhappy with the headphones then I'm afraid I could only suggest returning them to the place of purchase.

Guy
nmarchini
by nmarchini » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:06 pm
Hi Guy, thanks for the quick response.

Pushing the issue away from my headphones to the phone I am using is not what I was expecting from customer support. Which phones do these work with? is there a list of fully compatible devices that will not exhibit this issue? I have tried with with an Apple iphone 5 and my Sony Xperia Z3 (which is AptX capable).

Comfort is not the issue here, the pain is not from the headband resting on my head but seems to be from the use of the headphones. As I said i have other headphones that have a similar headband and I don't suffer these issues

With regard to the NC, i was not expecting 100% of outside noise to be removed but the difference between NC off and NC off is minimal.

Could these be a defective pair given I have some many issues?
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:15 pm
Hi nmarchini,

I am only trying to suggest that it could be an incompatibility between the two devices, however we have tested these with an iPhone 5 here without issue. Unfortunately we do not have a list of compatible devices because there are simply too many on the market to test with, however in theory the headphones should work with any Bluetooth device.

Comfort isn't something we can guarantee for every customer because not every person is the same. We sell thousands of the BNX-60 headphones the return rate is very minimal, with almost no returns where comfort is a problem. The headband design is very similar to the majority of headphones on the market.

If there is almost no difference with the NC function enabled then it is entirely possible the headphones have a fault, however we would need to test those to confirm that. As you have multiple issues with these headphones, I can only suggest returning them to the place of purchase. If purchased directly through Lindy then please could you fill a returns form out at the below link?

http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374

Guy
4 posts Page 1 of 1