Review Great product: SPDIF Digital to Analogue Stereo Audio Converter

Any problems or improvements ? Let us know
4 posts Page 1 of 1
therobyouknow
by therobyouknow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:46 pm
My review for SPDIF Digital to Analogue Stereo Audio Converter (model 70408)

I bought this to convert a digital signal to analogue from a coaxial SPDIF phono digital output from a classic vintage Yamaha SW1000XG PCI sound card fitted to a desktop PC. This sound card has an analogue out, but by the time the cable reached my analogue mixing desk, it had picked up some hum and hiss. Using the card's SPDIF coaxial phono socket connected this Lindy D to A made a lot of difference as I was able to place the Lindy very close to the mixing desk, away from most sources causing signal noise, so a much better quality signal, very low noise even at high volume. I will get custom short audio cables made up (from amazon if they sell them, or maplin or audiospares.com (don't work for any of these) which will improve further as being shorter analogue cables coming out of the Lindy, even less opportunity for signal degradation.

(I Originally posted this on Amazon)

LINDY Michael
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Michael » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm
That's great. Thanks.

Do you mind if I add this review to the product page on our new website?

The new site we're working on has a review section for each product with a star rating. It would be great to include this one. Can I assume you'd give this 5 stars ;-)

therobyouknow
by therobyouknow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:07 pm
Welcome. Yes, please use it in your review and yes 5 stars. The quality is very good. Very good sound to noise ratio. Thanks.

LINDY Michael
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Michael » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 am
Cheers!
4 posts Page 1 of 1