1 port PCIe parallel card (P/N 51246) error w/hardware key

Serial - Parallel - SATA - IDE - USB - FireWire - Network
4 posts Page 1 of 1
jester23
by jester23 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:58 am
Hi.

We have a new Dell Optiplex 790 desktop on wich we had to install a PCIe card (P/N 51246) for use with a Kodak WIBU hardware key for use with Kodak Capture software Pro.
Everything installed fine, no issue with drivers, however, when i try to run the software it shuts down with the message "no hardware key detected". The key comes with a utility for troubleshooting and when i run it, the key shows up but the system cannot read the information code inside, hence the software shutting down.

According to the supplier, the main issue here might be that some hardware specification prevents the key info from being read, so i come to you for aid on this matter.

I don't know if this might help but I had to set the SATA operation mode to ATA in the BIOS, as AHCI mode prevents Windows from booting/installing.

We have the software running on an old GX620 without any issues, but the motherboard came with native parallel port.

If anybody can shed some light on this matter, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

LINDY Steve
by LINDY Steve » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:54 pm
Hi,

This is a common issue when using PCI add in cards. In general PCI cards will not operate with security dongles. Your software will most likely be looking at a legacy memory address. However PCI cards do not operate at legacy memory locations as they mimic a different address. I dont see that adjusting the SATA operation would have any affect. I would advise you to contact the manufacturer of the hardware key to see if they have a solution.

jester23
by jester23 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:34 am
Hello.

I have already tried every approach possible with the Kodak representative, contacting you was my last resort. My boss is breathing down my neck with this issue, I was almost sure it would not work but just needed confirmation from you so I can have him get off my case.

Thank you for the assistance

LINDY Steve
by LINDY Steve » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 am
I'm sorry but we are unable to support products from Kodak, if they have no solution then I'm afraid we cant help you. You may find the following threads helpful.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/asp ... t-378.aspx

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7591_102-239171.html

There are numerous threads on the internet regarding this issue.

Regards

LINDY Technical.
4 posts Page 1 of 1