Ide/Sata Converter cards

Serial - Parallel - SATA - IDE - USB - FireWire - Network
2 posts Page 1 of 1
electricalphil2005
by electricalphil2005 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:09 pm
I'm sure you are fed up with people asking why the converter cards they buy in good faith,don't work when they plug them in.
Never the less I am going to ask you once more, why does my Lindy PCI Sata, dual port, Ide / Sata card Part No.51021 not work when plugged in to MSI KT4 6712 Mobo running windows Xp Home32 bit version SP3.
This Card has never run since the day it was bought, there was no instructions or software with it so presumably it was sold as plug and play. if this is the case then I would have to suggest that it is not fit for Purpose. I realize that this is an older type of card and is probably out of production, could you please reccomend a converter card that will run my Lite- on DVD Player / re-writer from IDE interface on the above mentioned board, without all this delving into Bios and altering settings.
A card and a couple of leads and a driver disc is really all that should be necessary, were not all techies.

Thank you for your time, I look forwards to your comments.

Electricalphil2005
Last edited by electricalphil2005 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LINDY John
LINDY Staff
by LINDY John » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:16 am
Hi, If the card has not worked since purchase then I would suggest returning it for testing/replacement. I see no other course of action as this card is as you correctly say "plug and play"
2 posts Page 1 of 1