LINDY No. 51237 - won't install drivers

Serial - Parallel - SATA - IDE - USB - FireWire - Network
9 posts Page 1 of 1
squire
by squire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:04 pm
Hi,
I have done a search on the forum, and can't find an existing solution to my issue (sorry if I've missed something)

I've inserted the PCI 2S (16C950 128 FIFO) + 1P (IEEE 1284) ports into my win7 computer, windows recognised they were there, but couldn't identify them to install the drivers, after some searching I found the correct driver & downloaded them from here - https://www.lindy.co.uk/drivers_and_man ... arch/51237

then from device manager, I've right clicked the PCI Parallell & serial Port icons (which appear with the yellow warning symbol) clicked - update driver software, then browse my computer for.....
Ive then pointed it where the extracted folder I'd downloaded is saved with include subfolders ticked. after clicking next, I get the following come up:

windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. 0X16PCI1952 PCI UARTs (unique bars) The system cannot find the file specified.

windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. 0X16PCI195x PCI Parallel port Windows XP) The system cannot find the file specified.

please if anyone can help, it'd be most appreciated
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:25 pm
Hi Squire,

When manually installing a driver, Windows can sometimes give errors if steps aren't carried out in a specific order. Please could you try follow the steps at our blog here and let us know if that resolves the issue:

https://www.lindy.co.uk/blog/2014/06/ho ... -a-driver/

Guy
squire
by squire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:28 pm
Thanks for the quick response Guy, I'll try that now.
squire
by squire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:35 pm
Hi Squire,

When manually installing a driver, Windows can sometimes give errors if steps aren't carried out in a specific order. Please could you try follow the steps at our blog here and let us know if that resolves the issue:

https://www.lindy.co.uk/blog/2014/06/ho ... -a-driver/

Guy
Right, I'm getting somewhere, that seemed to work a treat, thank you giving me the info, but I'm not completely sorted yet.

do you know which is the correct driver I should install for my computer?, as the Parallel port (which is what I need) appears fine as far as windows is concerned, but is still showing - "missing parallel port device driver file" when I try and send to the connected device

my computer is running Win7 Home Premium 64bit

I've tried both win_vista-64 & win_XP-64 OXPAR.INF files, but get the same error each time.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:41 pm
Hi,

You should be able to use the Windows Vista 64bit driver, it'll be backwards compatible.

If that still does not work, let me know and I will get one of these out to test for you, and see if we can supply an updated driver.

Guy
squire
by squire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:26 pm
Hi,

You should be able to use the Windows Vista 64bit driver, it'll be backwards compatible.

If that still does not work, let me know and I will get one of these out to test for you, and see if we can supply an updated driver.

Guy
Hi Guy,
I've tried the driver suggested above again, and am still running into problems, it comes up with "Missing Parallel Port Device Driver file" also, when I close that error box I get another message which states:
communications error on: Cannot Open LPT1

Thanks, Squire.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:06 am
Hi Squire,

Please could you try the same process but use the driver in the folder "OXUART_v512" ?

Guy
squire
by squire » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:08 am
Hi Guy,

I had actually tried installing that one, but have tried again now.
When I select that folder I get an pop up saying:

The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver make sure it is designed to work with Windows doe x64-based systems.

This had actually crossed my mind whether the issues I was having is that the equipment I'm trying to use via your port is designed for 32bit rather than 64?.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 pm
Hi,

We have tested this card on Windows 7 64 Bit previously so I don't think that would be the issue.

Do you have another computer you could test it in? If it works in another computer then it may be that the card is incompatible with your win7 PC I'm afraid, in that case I would suggest returning it to the place of purchase.

Guy
9 posts Page 1 of 1