HDMI Cat.6 Extender (38144) Help?

VGA / HDMI over Cat5/6 - PS/2 / FireWire / USB Extenders
5 posts Page 1 of 1
leestringer
by leestringer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:38 pm
I was wondering if someone can help with a puzzling problem I have with these devices.

I've purchased two of these for use in some new offices we've recently built and I've had mixed success in using the extenders.

One office setup works flawlessly (with both purchases) with a variety of different network patch cables plugged into both the receiver and transmitter.

Working Setup. Floorpanel RJ45 Socket to RJ45 Socket on Wall using solid core Cat.6 (Roughly 5m distance)

In a second office I've ran a length of UTP Cat.6 between two wall sockets (Roughly 3m) and can't for the life of me get it to work.

Strangely, If I connect the transmitter to the receiver via one of the known working patch cables used in the above good configuration no signal is transmitted (The laptop recognises the monitor/TV but doesn't display an image)

Furthermore, I have since made up some Cat.6 UTP patch cables to be fitted at either end of the 'bad' office and these don't work, nor do they work when connected directly into the transmitter/receiver when on my desk... but work perfectly in the 'good' office.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated as this conundrum is driving me crazy!
LINDY Adam
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Adam » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi Leestringer,

In the set-up you have I see no reason why this wouldn't work. If you have everything set-up in the second office and use the Local output HDMI on the transmitter do you get anything? Have you also tried adjusting the dip switches on the receiver side? You can see in the manual there are many configurations depending on the length of cable you are going, however these are for Lindy cables and maybe different with other types or cables you have terminated yourself and would advice going thought them one by one.

Regards Adam
leestringer
by leestringer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:19 pm
Hi Adam.. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

Yes the Local output works fine in the second office.

So I've just tried all the EQ settings.. and the very last secondary 40-50m one appears to work ok.

I've not had to adjust them in the 'good' office and the total cable length is longer than the 'bad' office.

What exactly does the EQ dip switch do? (I'm guessing it increases the relay power)
With it only working on full power.. Any clues what this might indicate?
LINDY Adam
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Adam » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:26 pm
Hi Leestringer,

The EQ is an equalizer that you change depending on the length you are going. You are correct it is all about power.

The reason you might need the higher end 40-50 could be a few things. The termination of the cat.6 cables, the copper that is been used, Shielding or the amount of connections been used (faceplates ect...) as this adds insertion loss.

Regards Adam
leestringer
by leestringer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:09 pm
Just finalised the install.. all working as desired.

Thanks for the help
5 posts Page 1 of 1