VGA matrix - default setting

VGA / HDMI over Cat5/6 - PS/2 / FireWire / USB Extenders
4 posts Page 1 of 1
plumpudding
by plumpudding » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:26 pm
I have just bought a 4x4 VGA matrix (part 32578). When powered on it defaults to connecting input 1 to output 1 , input 2 to output 2, etc.

i would like it to default to a different state, i.e input 1 to all outputs. Is there any way to reconfigure the default setting or for it to remember the state it was last in when powered off?

LINDY Steve
by LINDY Steve » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:41 am
HI, Thanks for your enquiry. I'm afraid this option is not available at this time as there is no way to communicate with the device from your computer to make any changes. This would also involve re-writing the firmware and having a communication interface between the device and your computer to allow you to make adjustments.

I'm sorry that we are unable to help you on this occasion

Regards

LINDY Technical

plumpudding
by plumpudding » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:17 pm
Thanks for letting me know that this is not supported.

Perhaps you could consider this for future versions of this hardware. Do you have a different model of VGA switch matrix that does allow this feature?

If you did this provide this feature, maybe the implementation could be as simple as holding the buttons down while applying the power, or just remembering the last state it was in.

LINDY Steve
by LINDY Steve » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:43 pm
Hi,

Many thanks, I will forward your suggestion on. Sadly we dont have any other products that support the feature you desrcibe.

Regards

LINDY Technical
4 posts Page 1 of 1