HDMI Extender - problems with certain sources

VGA / HDMI over Cat5/6 - PS/2 / FireWire / USB Extenders
5 posts Page 1 of 1
JustinWhite
by JustinWhite » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:02 am
Hi,
I have a Panasonic HD-ready TV connected to a Denon AVR-1611 receiver AMP. I have a Denon blu-ray connected to the AMP as well as DSTV HD Decoder and PC with an HD video card. The soures are all connected to the amp with HD cables, and the amp connected to the TV with a Lindy HDMI Extender unit (about 10m of cat6e cable)

My issue is that the blu-ray player and DSTV decoder work 100% (except for the odd break from the DSTV decoder that I assume is linked to dodgy sat. signal) but I get no image from the PC, no matter what I try, and what settings I use on the amp. If I connect the TV directly up to the PC with an HD cable then it works fine, and if I try connect the PC up to the HDMI Extender directly so that it is connect to TV through that then it does not work, and as such assuming that it is the extender that is the problem. I also tried connecting my high end office laptop to the amp (also with HDMI cable then I get the sound from the laptop through the HDMI cable, but no image on the TV.

Just seems odd that both PC's have an issue but the other sources work fine. Any suggestions on how to get this configuration to work?

Many thanks
Justin

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 am
Hi Justin,

I guess you have a 38001?

I've just tested this and it does work, however since it doesn't seem to support any DDC it can be tricky. At first I had no picture, but using a combination of VGA whist using HDMI sorted the problem. The resolution had to be manually set whilse the HDMI was connected (done via the VGA screen). This then gave a picture on 720p or 1080p, it was 1920x1200 by default, hence no picture.

It may also help to install the latest ATI/nVidia drivers for the card.

Best Regards

JustinWhite
by JustinWhite » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 pm
Thanks Chris,

Will give that another try tomorrow...

Regards
Justin

JustinWhite
by JustinWhite » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 pm
Hi,

So at last got the time to do some tests on this and got hold of a separate monitor to connect up to the PC. I played around with the resolution and finally got a picture from the HDMI cable through to the AMP and TV. Saved all the settings unplugged the monitor and thought all was good.

Then, restarted the PC and no image again. However, as soon as I plug the monitor back in I get a picture on the TV again, even though the TV (DENON AMP) is set to be the primary monitor.

Pulling my hair out with this one again.... checked the drivers as well for the card and these also all seem to be up to date.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Justin

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:35 am
Sometimes if a driver for the monitor itself is available this can help.

There are also a few guides kicking about on the internet to force certain resolutions using your graphics card. (Depending on make)

It sounds like its a EDID/DDC problem, where the extender is not passing the computer monitor data correctly when booting. I'm guessing this is due to the fact that its mainly designed for high definition modes like 720, 1080 etc
5 posts Page 1 of 1