EDID/DDC Emulator for VGA Displays Advice

VGA / HDMI over Cat5/6 - PS/2 / FireWire / USB Extenders
2 posts Page 1 of 1
JayT
by JayT » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm
Hi There,

I am trying to use an old NoN-Plug and Play Monitor and the only solution i can come up with is an Emulator.

Now i purchased a Lindy EDID/DDC Emulator for VGA Displays from amazon and it didnt work with the pre programmed resolutions, as i couldnt select which one i wanted to use. So i sent it back, but once i sent it back i realised that i could possibly use it, but dont want to buy again if my idea wont work.

I have been told that the computer can actually put out EDID/DDC data, one way is using Nicomsoft WinI2C and by turning the emulator around (so plugging it into the computer rather than the monitor), and cloning the EDID data you wish to use. Another simpler way is to force monitor detection at a certain resolution and refresh rate and cloning that. But i need to know if this actually works.

I would much appreciate any help you can offer as im struggling with my situation.

Thanks

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:36 am
Hi,

I'm afraid we have no experience of trying to clone from a graphics card instead of the monitor/TV.

I'm not sure about the software WinI2C either as we have never used that or heard of it providing its own DDC

Chris
2 posts Page 1 of 1