HDMI iR over Cat5 Extender Premium infrared not working

VGA / HDMI over Cat5/6 - PS/2 / FireWire / USB Extenders
6 posts Page 1 of 1
martinrdaley
by martinrdaley » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Hi all,

Recently purchased the Lindy 80m CAT6 HDMI & IR Extender Premium, 1080p product code 38009 and struggling to pass iR signal from a Virgin Media Tivo box remote to the Tivo box itself. Does anyone know whether this is supported?
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:44 pm
Hi Martin,

The extender supports a wide range of IR frequencies commonly used by Virgin and Sky boxes so it should work.

Is the IR Emitter at your receiver side and have you tried swapping the eyes around? Often the IR at your TiVO box will need to be placed exactly in front of the IR Window, it can be very positional. It may be worth looking online to find where the IR on your TiVO box is exactly for this.

Guy
martinrdaley
by martinrdaley » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:07 pm
Thanks for the reply

I have tried the Lindy transmitter/receiver on numerous other pieces of equipment and the IR system works without issue.

Both myself and another colleague have literally spend hours putting the emitter in every conceivable position in front of the TiVO IR receiver to no avail. Its on the left hand side just under the power button by the way.

I have a seperate request open with Virgin Media asking them to confirm with Samsung (the Tivo box manufacturer) what frequency their remotes operate at. I can only assume at this point the IR emitter/receiver doesn't support the frequency the remote if firing the signal at?

Do Lindy offer different 1/4inch jack emmiter/recievers capable of different (rarer frequencies)? i specifically purchased the extender premium as if offerered the widest iR frequency coverage.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:22 pm
Hi Martin,

If it's working on other devices but not with the TiVO box then it does sound as though it may be incompatible unfortunately. A way you could confirm this would be to send the remote controls IR signal down the extender, and use a camera such as those on a smartphone to see if any IR light is being emitted. I assume the remote control works fine if used direct to the box?

Failing that I'm afraid I could only suggest that you return the extender to the place of purchase, we don't currently offer any other extenders that would support different frequencies outside of the 20 - 60Khz range. Unfortunately we don't currently have a TiVO box to test with so I wouldn't be able to try and replicate your issue or confirm compatibility with any of our other extenders.

Guy
martinrdaley
by martinrdaley » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:08 pm
Yes remote works fine when pointed directly at the TV, i'm getting my colleague who has a Tivo box to check for any model numbers or indications to frequency on the remote or in the battery panel. Definitely worth adding to any sales or marketing materials so the next person doesn't make the same mistake as me :)
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:15 pm
It does sound as though it is a compatibility problem then unfortunately. If you find the TiVO model number and can let us know, I will check to see if any of my colleagues have the same box and can check one of these extenders with it.

If purchased directly through Lindy then you can return it as incompatible here:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374

Guy
6 posts Page 1 of 1