IPower Control Classic 8

IEC - Figure 8 - Cloverleaf - UK, US and Euro plugs - Mains Adapters
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Ben
by Ben » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:42 am
Hi,

We have recently purchased a Lindy IPower Control Classic 8 (Part No. – 32657).

We are using this switch to control power over IP. We have looked at the user manual provided with the product but are not able to figure out how to programmatically switch on or off the individual outlets. On your website we found some scripts that seemed to be doing what we want, but they do not appear to be working for some reason. As no error messages or anything else are reported, we don’t know what’s wrong. This is the script we are using to turn on the 5th outlet (for instance).

Set HttpReq = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0")
HttpReq.Open "GET", "h t t p://admin:1234@172.16.32.200:80/?cmd=1&p=5&s=1", False
HttpReq.send

We’ve tried using “snmp” as a user as well, but that didn’t appear to make any difference.

Any help on getting this to work is very much appreciated.

Please note, I had to add spaces in the request above, because otherwise this was seen as a link, which is not allowed :-(

Ben

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 am
Hi

I'm afraid that script only works on other models.

Specifically 32652.

We do not have anything that would work on your model. I assume you got this from one of our technicians as we don't release this on the website?

Best Regards
Chris

P.S You can post links after a couple of posts

Ben
by Ben » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:57 pm
Hi,

Thanks very much for your quick response. Not the answer I hoped for obviously, but now at least we know what's wrong. Looks like we have to buy the other model instead.

I think we got this script from (more spaces ahead :-)
h t t p:// w w w.lindy.com.au/downloads/drivers/32652_IPower_ON_OFF.zip
We should have known this was specific for that model as it was placed on the product's page.

So, to avoid any more silly mistakes, this model (32652) can definitely be used to programmatically switch on/off individual outlets?

Cheers, Ben

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 am
Hi Ben,

Yes, the 32652 can be used with that script. We have a few customers using it.

Best Regards
Chris
4 posts Page 1 of 1