32672 SNMP Control

IEC - Figure 8 - Cloverleaf - UK, US and Euro plugs - Mains Adapters
8 posts Page 1 of 1
shane
by shane » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:51 am
We've been asked to integrate LINDY IPower Control Plus IEC (PN 32672) into an installation and I am finding that the unit does not respond to SNMP Set commands.

I can poll the unit and get a full list of OIDs see their data, however none of my commands are being acted on. Is it possible to control these via SNMP or is the implementation for monitoring only?

We can not use HTTP Get commands so the scripts are of no use, and it's being integrated into a control system so there is nobody to click on a web button.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:53 pm
Hello,

Have you looked and enabled the SNMP settings in the web interface?

As far as I can see the implementation is only for monitoring.

Chris

shane
by shane » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:37 pm
Yes, the interface has check boxes for both set and get.

However while monitoring is fine I have no control over the unit at all via snmp.

Is it possible to have somebody check to see whether SNMP is enabled for control, we will have 13+ of these units that we need to either control or find a replacement for.

Shane

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:48 am
I've asked our factory to comment. I'll let you know ASAP

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:14 pm
I've been advised that you need to use an SNMP tool with the information here-

http://wiki.gude.info/EPC_HTTP_Interfac ... tion:_SNMP

I'm afraid parts are in german.

Chris

shane
by shane » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:32 am
From what I can tell from Google Translate (I speak Zero German) this document explains configuration methods using HTTP calls from a browser or 3rd gen/high level programming language.

We are using a closed source embedded controller and hence none of this is applicable.

These devices do not appear to be controllable via snmp from our system unlike the Serverlink units that we have used in the past.

The only item in this document that points towards us being able to connect to these devices at all is the last paragraph whereby the suggestion is made (I think) that a direct IP connection to IP port 80 can be made and a command sent via a single string, enabling a system without HTTP support to control the unit. However it is not revealed exactly what command needs to be sent. Only "byte string shown above" is mentioned, However there is no byte string under that heading and the rest of the document is above it (leaving it rather open ended).

I can only assume that Google Translate has left something crucial out.

Any information that you can provide in how to use a basic ip connection (ie something like a prescripted telnet session) to turn these units on and off would be appreciated. Feel free to pass on my email address (in my profile) if you have a developer that can explain things.

I need to make a call on these switches in the next 18 hours (by 11pm your time Thur 9th Oct).

Regards,

Shane

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:09 pm
Hi,

I've had the following from our factory.

http://wiki.gude.info/FAQ_EPC_SNMP_Engl

It is a translation for SNMP support of an older Gude device, but the
base information is the same for all Gude products. Only the name prefix
of the SNMP OID in the corresponding product MIB differentiate a little.

The customer should look into the MIB of the product (there is a link in
the SNMP configuration page of the product) and find the
epc1100PortState OID. Writing 0 or 1 to this OID toggles the output.
Additionally "snmp-get" and "snmp-set" must be checked in the SNMP
configuration page.

Best Regards
Chris

shane
by shane » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:42 pm
The OID was determined manually as the the MIB causes errors in our system due to it including OIDs that dont exist in the device. For what ever reason SNMP on this device does not work with our system.

Did they elaborate on the ip connection to port 80 ?

Shane
8 posts Page 1 of 1