problems with C7 connectors on Lindy cable 30266

IEC - Figure 8 - Cloverleaf - UK, US and Euro plugs - Mains Adapters
6 posts Page 1 of 1
lindy_user2
by lindy_user2 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:06 pm
I have two of these cables - Lindy part number 30266. There's a standard UK mains plug on one end and the cable then has a Y connection to 2 C7 connectors.

On both cables the C7 connectors are a loose fit into the laptop power supplies they're used with. The connectors will easily fall out and I have to use an elastic band to keep them from separating. Arcing can be heard if there's any movement. Any number of standard mains to C7 cables that I have work with the same power supplies without issue so I think the power supplies themslves are fine.

A check with a set of vernier callipers shows nothing amiss with the outside dimensions of the C7 connectors so I'm thinking it must be the internal pins that are incorrect. Is this a known issue? I'm guessing the C7 connectors are not unique to these cables - was there a bad batch at some point?

Any help would be appreciated. I contacted Lindy via their website but have not had a reply.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 am
Hi,

I tried to respond but your email was incorrect. I've attached the response below.

Thank you for your email,

I've just checked our stock and can find no issue.

The first time these are seated, it needs quite a firm push to fully attach the cable, thereafter it should act like a normal cable.

The few I've tested all are tighter than the cable we have used for a few months internally (different model)

Have these been used for a long time or are these new cables?

I'd suggest returning them if you think these have an issue.

Best Regards

Chris Shipley
Technical Support Engineer

lindy_user2
by lindy_user2 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:41 am
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I can see the error I made in the email address on your website - the digits in the domain name should be 3148, not 3184. My mistake - sorry.

Please advise how to return the cables for inspection/replacement.

Thanks.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:47 am
Please use the following returns form - http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374
lindy_user2
by lindy_user2 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:18 pm
Just to close the loop on this - replacement cables were promptly supplied with LINDY shippers' help and they work a treat. Customer service is alive and well at Lindy!
LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:57 am
Thanks for the good feedback

Chris
6 posts Page 1 of 1