guitar usb (6104) into Cubase SX

Place to talk freely about anything you like
6 posts Page 1 of 1
dave.lowry
by dave.lowry » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:42 pm
Hi everyone,

My wife got me this usb cable to help me with my recording at home. I've plugged it in, drivers installed ok, but Cubase won't see it as an input connection.

Windows XP allows me to test the connection and it works fine through the control panel, so the interface seems to be working. However, in the VST connection drop down box I don't see "C Media USB Audio Device" - just Realtek AC97 Audio (which I think is my soundcard) and C Media USB headphones which I use for output.

I had previously been using a USB mic and that was working ok. Having unplugged that and hoped I would just have a new option when I plugged the guitar/usb cable, I'm a bit confused.

Please can someone help? Thanks!

LINDY Gary
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Gary » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 am
Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay, I have managed to get a version of Cubase SX installed onto a computer here and I am finding the same issue, even with the Asio driver installed. It seems that this CM USB Audio device is not compatible with the software.

Best Regards

dave.lowry
by dave.lowry » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 am
Gary,
Many thanks for your investigation - do you know if it works with any other version of cubase?

Dave

dave.lowry
by dave.lowry » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 pm
I'm still having no luck - please can you suggest some quality PC recording software that this is compatible with please?

LINDY Michael
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Michael » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:59 am
Hi Dave

Try Reaper...

You can download a fully functioning version to evaluate from here:

http://www.reaper.fm/

Regards

MikeO

LINDY Gary
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Gary » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 am
Hi Dave,

My colleague who uses Cubase quite often himself has done some further testing with the CM Audio device, and we have found that this does work under the Cubase application.

It seems that you may have 'switch' the device from the Device Setup or close Cubase and open it again. See the screenshots attached for configuration details.

In the 'Cubase setup' image it shows which ASIO driver you need to set to enable the device to work.

Best Regards
6 posts Page 1 of 1