USB Guitar cable-Acid Music Studio 8.0-Windows XP problem

Place to talk freely about anything you like
12 posts Page 1 of 1
scotticusnorvegicus
by scotticusnorvegicus » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:58 pm
Bought the Lindy USB Guitar cable recently and my guitar gently weeps ! Not a sound coming out of it when I'm using Acid Music Studio 8.0 I've added an audio track to a project and it shows the level meter with no movement on the meter when the guitar is played ! I've got Realtek HD audio Manager. Any suggestions ?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 am
Have you seen our guide on the realtek chipset?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40

As far as Acid Music Studio goes, have you checked the input / output settings as you should still get some sound.

scotticusnorvegicus
by scotticusnorvegicus » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:54 pm
Hi there, thanks for getting back.
Ok, Ive done everthing you've said to to do regarding your link above.
From sound,video and game controllers I clicked on the + and then right clicked on Realtek High Definition Audio, then it says update driver. I am now given the choice of "installing the software automatically" or from a "specific location".
After clicking specific location it takes me to "search for best driver in these locations" or "dont search. I will choose driver to install"
After choosing "dont search. I will choose driver to install" it then takes me to a ticked box alongside "show compatible hardware". Below that it says model-Realtek High Definition Audio and at the bottom of the window it says "this driver is digitally signed"
And that's as far as it goes ! It gives me no options other than installing Realtek again.

On Acid Music Studio 8.0 I have three choices from the options-preferences. On their Audio Device window it gives me the choice of ;
1. Microsoft Sound Mapper
2. Windows Classic Wave Driver
3. ASIO4ALL v2

I should have said before that its Windows XP that I use. Strangely. when I used the Lindy cable for the first time into Sony Acid Music Studio the meters were getting a signal but no sound. Now there's no signal and no sound.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 am
Did you un-check "show compatible hardware" ?

If you have installed ASIO4all, then you can follow the Guitar rig guide on how to set that up, it should be very similar.

scotticusnorvegicus
by scotticusnorvegicus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 pm
Hi there. I didn't un-check "show compatible hardware" I clicked on next then when it showed Realtek High Definition Audio then it said that it has finished installing the software for Realtek high definition audio.

Asio4All is in a folder in my program files. When you open the folder it has 1. Asio4All uninstall 2. Asio4All instruction manual. 3. Asio4All website 4. Asio4All 64. dll 2.10.0.0. driver (two of these icons are in the folder)

No sign of guitar rig anywhere.

Back to Sony Music Studio 8.0. When I go to preferences on there I have 3 choices for my Audio Device.
1.Microsoft Sound Mapper
2.Windows Classic Wave Driver
3.Asio4All v2

If Asio is applied in Music Studio 8.0 I end up with an icon at the toolbar. If I click on this it gives me WDM Device List/Latency Compensation/ASio Buffer Size and Options.

As I've said before I did get a signal on Music Studio 8.0 through my guitar but no sound. Now there's no sound and no signal. I noticed you said that the guitar and lead had to be connected when getting the Asio driver for the 1st time. I connected the lead in before I came onto the Lindy Tech. Support Forum thinking that Windows XP would recognise it without any need for a driver.
Looks like this could be a long haul !

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:31 am
If you un-tick the box you should be able to see the 'High definition Audio Device' This is what you need to replace the realtek with.

It doesn't matter if you have plugged in the device before installing ASIO. But it does need setting up as in the Guitar rig guide (just the ASIO part) as you don't have guitar rig. But you could download a demo if you wished to try it out.

Chris

scotticusnorvegicus
by scotticusnorvegicus » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:55 pm
That could be the problem. It's only giving me the choice of "Realtek High Definition Audio" instead of "High Definition Audio" that you recommend.
When I un-check the box it gives me a list including Toshiba-Yamaha-Telex-Sony Corp etc. etc. except "High Definition Audio"

I might think of purchasing Guitar Pro in the near future but I'll need sound and signals first :-)
How do I get "High Audio Definition on that option list ?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:09 am
I'm not sure to be honest, we are looking in to this as some people have it and others don't.

I think it may be to do with the drivers installed for the sound card.

scotticusnorvegicus
by scotticusnorvegicus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:41 pm
Any progress ?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm
We are still looking in to this, but I doubt we'll have a solution soon to be honest.

If you are unhappy with the cable please fill a returns form out and we'll sort it out.

Chris

scotticusnorvegicus
by scotticusnorvegicus » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:23 pm
I'm not unhappy with the cable. It's what I've been looking for. The problem is getting a sound on Sony Acid Music Studio 8.0.
I've sent them an e-mail about the problem and unfortunately they are not as quick in getting back as you are.
Like I said before there was a signal showing on the audio track meter but no sound. I'll see my mate who's into recording as well and see if he can get round the problem. Could you please tell me what the ASIO driver was for. Was it for guitar rig or the Lindy cable ?

Cheers !

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:03 am
ASIO4all is a generic sound driver which shortens the latency on some sound cards. It will work with most USB based sound cards and most software.
12 posts Page 1 of 1