HDMI ARC DD+ extraction to HDMI nonARC audio output

Place to talk freely about anything you like
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Oldass55
by Oldass55 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 pm
Hi I have an LG C7 TV with a Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos soundbar.

The LG C7 is one of the only TVs on market that outputs DD+ over ARC, but unfortunately for me my Atmos soundbar will only accept 5.1 DD and nothing higher. This is a real shame as my TV has Netflix built in that will output DOLBY Atmos (DD+). They’re is only one way I thought possible to do this....
I started to look for a HDMI ARC audio extractor that can then output Audio over nonARC HDMI, I could then plug this into one of my Soundbars inputs to receive Dolby Atmos (DD+). Is they’re something that can do this??

I looked at the ARC extractor and embeddor and wondered if I could buy two of the units, use the first to extract the ARC and connect it to the second via optical and embed the audio on the HDMI? But I’m not sure if I’d loose the DD+ in the process and end up with standard 5.1??
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:15 am
Hi,

While you could use our 38168 to extract up to 7.1 DD+ audio through ARC to be converter into optical, I'm afraid connecting a second unit is not something we have tested.
In theory it may work however it's not something we would normally recommend, these units rely on reading the TVs EDID to know what audio formats are supported so if any HDMI device in the chain did not support DD+ then it would not work.

Guy
6zayn
by 6zayn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 pm
Hi!
I used our 38168 to extract up to 7.1 DD+ audio through ARC by converting into optical. It,s quite easy.

Regards,
Zayn
3 posts Page 1 of 1