2 Port HDMI Splitter 38240 with xbox (screen goes black)

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
6 posts Page 1 of 1
mehdi
by mehdi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:25 am
Hi,

I have a problem with my setup and was hoping to get some pointers on what to do.

I wish to split the signal from my Xbox one to two screens.
For now i have connected my Xbox to the Lindy splitter input and from the spitter to my QLED Samsung tv.
The EDID Dip switch is configured to: 4K x 2K 60Hz.

Everything seem to be in order and when i run the Video test on my Xbox everything looks good and i have a 4K signal.

The problem however is periodic and occasionally i get black screen for about 2 sec and then the picture gets back on.

Bonus info: I have tried with two splitters now (same item no.) With the first splitter the problem was very consistent and occurred every 15-20 sec. I then returned the splitter and got a new one, and this time it happens maybe once every 1-2 minutes.

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance
LINDY Adam
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Adam » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 am
Hi Mehdi,

Please can you let me know the cable lengths you are using on the input and output of the splitters?

Regards Adam
mehdi
by mehdi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 am
Hi Adam,

I have tried several different cables - all from 1 - 3 meters with no luck or different results.

Please notice that the improvement from splitter 1 to 2 had nothing to do with cables, since its the exact same that i am using.

What types of HDMI cable would you in general suggest for this?

Thanks
LINDY Adam
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Adam » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:52 am
Hi Mehdi,

As you are using 4K resolutions we would recommend cables that are rated at high speed.

Are you able to try the EDID dip switch 0000? This should copy the EDID from output 1 rather than use a preset EDID on the unit.

Regards Adam
mehdi
by mehdi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:48 pm
Hi Adam,

Since our last conversation i have tried every single thing that i can think of and i am not at the point of giving up. I simply don't understand why these outages occurs and cant imaging other people got this to work before me.

Is the product only designed for blue ray video splitting or have you ever heard of anyone trying to split a PS or Xbox?

This is my setup now:
Xbox One S connected to splitter with a 0,5 meter high-speed HDMI cable.
TV 1 connected to splitter with 0,5 meter high-speed HDMI cable (for testing purpose)
TV 2 is disconnected (for testing purpose)

Even though i only have 1 tv on with a total length of 1 meter cable (combined) i still get black screen and no sound for 2-3 sec every 20 seconds'ish.

Strange observation: When i use my wireless xbox controller then the interruptions apears more often. When i totaly shut off my controller the interruptions stop or gets reduces dramatically. Have you testet the product for wireless/blue-tooth interference?

I am totally lost and have as said, tried two different 38240 splitters.
Is it even possible to do that i am intending here?

Thanks
Regards
Mehdi
LINDY Adam
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Adam » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:31 am
Hi Mehdi,

I have had a customer using the splitter with a PS4. Using wireless/blue-tooth devices should have any affect on the these units and is hard to say what the cause of the dropping out could be as its something we haven't seen before. If you have tried two of these units and both are acting the same way it could be an incompatibility.

Regards
Adam
6 posts Page 1 of 1