Is it common for high end powered speakers to have "power saving" features?

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
2 posts Page 1 of 1
TrevorNoah
by TrevorNoah » Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 am
i lately purchased a few Audiengine HD3 audio system after doing some studies for an afternoon. I desired a small but respectable set of two.0 speakers and these regarded to fit the invoice. One issue is complicated me though and since i have only used headphones for the beyond decade I do not know if this is not unusual or no longer.

i've observed that those audio system seem to have a constructed in strength saving function wherein they flip off if there's no sound output from the laptop. this is maximum noticable if I play a YouTube video and skip round, the sound will take a cut up 2d to vanish in everytime I exchange the video time. This behaviour is quite clean to duplicate in a variety of other situations. In some cases it means that i'm able to pass over a brief audio set off like a skype or discord message audio notification because these audio system by no means come on fast sufficient to play it unless different audio is already playing.

after I researched different potential alternatives before deciding on shopping for those, I intentionally shied faraway from merchandise with opinions that stated this "function" so i used to be surprised while these had it. is that this common or uncommon for powered audio system? As a person who has usually anticipated one hundred% audio playback all the time I do not know if I need to return those yet and study getting something else, but if this is commonplace then do I actually have a desire?
TrevorNoah
by TrevorNoah » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:57 pm
my issue has been solved!!
2 posts Page 1 of 1