Recommendation on long distance DVI cable for WUXGA signal

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Jesper
by Jesper » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:23 pm
Need to connect a MacBook Pro to a WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixel) projector with a 20 meter DVI cable. I'm considering the "Premium Gold DVI-D Single Link, Super Long Distance Cable" or the "Premium Gold DVI-D Dual Link, Super Long Distance Cable", but I am unsure of which!

My reseller believes that the Single Link version will not do the job at all and that the Dual Link will!!! This is very confusing to me, because the specifications at www.lindy.co.uk does not reveal any difference between the two products besides of the extra 6 wires for the Dual link feature.

In other words, what is the difference in performance when delivering a SINGLE-LINK!!!!!! WUXGA DVI signal through a "Premium Gold DVI-D Single Link, Super Long Distance Cable" compared to a "Premium Gold DVI-D Dual Link, Super Long Distance Cable" ? ....if any?

Thanks in advance

Jesper

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:36 am
Hello,

The dual link is only used for resolutions over 1920x1200. Single link would be fine for that or lower.

You are on the limit for single link, but this shouldn't normally give you any problems.

Best Regards
2 posts Page 1 of 1