Lindy HDMI Audio Extractor

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
6 posts Page 1 of 1
ironmike
by ironmike » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:05 am
I am using the Lindy HDMI Audio Extractor, attempting to split the audio out from an HDMI input. The HDMI input comes from my Roku box. I want to extract the audio from that HDMI input signal and output that audio into the TOSLink optical cable output of the Lindy box, into my home theater speakers.

Anyway, I get HDMI video, but NO sound at all coming out of the Lindy HDMI Audio Extractor. I have tried all three settings on the side of the Lindy box, 'TV', 'Bitstream', and 2CH 'LPCM', no sound on any setting.

What have I done incorrectly?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 am
Hi,

Did your optical cable have any plastic dist caps over the connection?

What output settings do you have on your roku box?

Chris

ironmike
by ironmike » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 pm
Chris,

The available Roku sound output settings are either Stereo or Surround Sound; I've tried both, with no sound detectable out of the Lindy box. Video output from the Roku is 720p. The green 'link' light on the Lindy box is on. The switch on the side of the Lindy box is set to 'TV'. There are no plastic end caps on any of the Toslink cables. All the Toslink cables are 'lit up'; i.e., light is traveling on them, I just don't think it's carrying a digital sound signal.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:02 pm
Something doesn't sounds right, although we have never tried this unit on a Roku box.

Are you able to test the analogue output with some speakers or a headset?

Chris

ironmike
by ironmike » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:02 pm
No sound at all, I gave up. Got a Kanex Pro HDMI audio de-embedder. It does the job.

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:06 pm
It sounds like you might have a faulty item, as the Kanex (visually) looks like the same OEM.

If you wish to return the item please do so here - http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374

Chris
6 posts Page 1 of 1