LINDY EDID HDMI emulator not cloning

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Boulder
by Boulder » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:17 pm
Hi,

I recently had to try re-cloning my EDID data. However, the device won't start cloning (the LED won't start blinking) when I press the small button with the display cable connected and powered via USB. My initial cloning some weeks ago went just fine.

Is there any method to force cloning or what should I try next?
LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:48 pm
Hello,

If you have the 32108 model, this will not clone the EDID over the existing EDID if it holds the same information. The only way to re-clone would be to use another display to clone, then use the original. However it shouldn't really need this performed.

Chris
Boulder
by Boulder » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:10 pm
Thanks for the quick reply, I will test it when I get home.

The reason I'm trying this is that my Chromebox started acting up with the HDMI handshake after I tested cloning the EDID of my TV (to see if the Chromebox really outputs 24p) and then tried to re-clone the EDID of my Yamaha receiver (which was connected to the TV via HDMI). Previously the TV showed an image immediately after turning the Chromebox on but now the TV display wakes up randomly when the Chromebox has finished booting. Sometimes I need to turn devices on and off to make it work :mad:
3 posts Page 1 of 1