Virtual Extended Screen on WPS Dongle 2 -32697

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
5 posts Page 1 of 1
ncollins
by ncollins » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:02 pm
I'm using this dongle to wirelessly present Powerpoint from a Microsoft Surface Pro. I can't get the VDD.exe driver to run as the Virtual Extended Screen option is greyed out and I need the extended display to enable 'presenter mode'. Is VDD.exe(ver 2010) compatible with Windows 8.1? Is there a solution to my problem?

Rgds

Nic
LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:40 pm
Hi,

I've just tested this on our windows 8.1 system and it works fine without any special installation or settings. From the default install the option to select virtual extended desktop was available.

Could you confirm your firmware version? Ours has 2.1.0.9 currently.

This could be down to the surface pro, as we have not tested with this device.

Chris
ncollins
by ncollins » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 pm
Thanks for the reply, I'm using Firmware 2.1.0.9. I've managed to select the previously grayed out menu option but am greeted with the message 'Your Operation System does not support the Virtual Extended Screen feature'. I understood that the Surface Pro 3 ran the same version of Windows 8.1 as everything else so am a bit puzzled. Hardware wise the Surface Pro has a Display Out port and supports extended displays so I'm not sure why there's a compatibility problem. Do you know of any third party virtual extended screen software that might work?

Rgds

Nic
LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 am
Hi, That was my understanding as well. Unfortunately it isn't an officially supported OS by the factory / software.

The virtual screen software provided would be the only one that would work alongside this device. This uses software screen extending rather than a true hardware solution like your DP port.

You could try running the software in windows compatibility mode to see if that helps.

Chris
ncollins
by ncollins » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:36 pm
Unfortunately compatibility mode didn't cure it so I've sent it back to Amazon, looks like I'll have to go down the Microsoft wireless HDMI route.
5 posts Page 1 of 1