No image with HDMI EDID Emulator

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
2 posts Page 1 of 1
blackjub
by blackjub » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:06 pm
Hello,

I just bought 2 of these : http://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-c2/m ... edid-p8234, but I have a problem getting an image.

Here is the complete description of my rig :
I am using an Intel NUC connected to a LED TV with a HDMI cable.
(Well, that's a classic media center installation, so far)

I have no problem using this configuration, but every time I switch off my TV, the NUC resizes its display from 1920*1080 to 1024*768.
This is "as designed", of course. The graphic card throttles down to its default resolution, since it doesn't get any EDID info from the TV when it's turned off.

The problem is that, when I switch my TV back on, my media center app window has been resized.
(And this is extremely frustrating, since I have to get my keyboard every time to resize the window...)
I tested a few methods that people suggested me, but none was satisfying, so far.
Some people told me to plug an EDID emulator between the TV and the graphic card output, an so I bought the Lindy 32103.

Well, when I plug this adapter between the cable and the TV, I have no image...
And I don't get any beeping sound notifying me that the PC has detected a display.
I get nothing more when I switch off and on the TV, or when I reboot the PC.
If I connect to the PC using VNC, no display is detected either.
I also tried different résolutions (1920*1080 60p, 1920*1080 50p, and 800*600 60p), but I don't have better results.
I tried with the backup adapter I bought (the exact same one), and it's the same problem again.
Of course, if I unplug the adapter, the image from the PC comes back.

Could someone help me a little, so that I can make this adapter to work ?
Thanks a lot in advance !
LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:03 am
Hi,

This sounds very strange.

What could be happening is that the EDID dongle supports up to 1920x1200, which it will try to default to if the source supports it. THis can result in no picture given, but normally it would register as a monitor connection within windows. This would then allow to you change the resolution via another output or via VNC for example.

We have never tested this device with a NUC, so the output could be doing something rather different, from the sounds of it the output has some sort of power saving feature.

The only way forward would be to try a programmer to clone the EDID from your panel, or a different model of emulator with that feature built in.

Best Regards
Chris
2 posts Page 1 of 1