VGA 4-way switch 32674

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
3 posts Page 1 of 1
sandall
by sandall » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:33 pm
I do quite a few conferences where I use a mechanical VGA switcher to cut between the main laptops & a succession of delegates' own laptops, which may include Macs, via a Mac-VGA dongle.
The Lindy looked an ideal replacement until I read the bit in the manual about auto-switching when it detects a new input, which would be disastrous if it cut to every new laptop as it was plugged in.
Q.1 - Can the auto switching be defeated?
Q.2 - Does it rely on power from the various inputs &/or destination, or can it be powered from an external 5v PSU?
Q.3 - Can it cope with a Mac, which presumably does not send power down the VGA cable?
q.4 - If it can't do what I need, is there anything around that would, without spending the best part of £300 on a Kramer (CPC did a switch that might have been ok, but it is now discontinued)?
Yours in hope.
LINDY John
LINDY Staff
by LINDY John » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:33 am
HI,

I'm afraid the auto switching cannot be disabled. The switch is supplied with and uses a 5V power supply and it would work fine with a Mac.

Our only alternative would be the 8 port which uses a remote control for source selection.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-c2/s ... itch-p1624
sandall
by sandall » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:54 am
Ok, thanks for the quick response John. I'll have a think about it (I'm slightly nervous about relying on a remote for switching).
3 posts Page 1 of 1