2 Port Displayport Splitter

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
5 posts Page 1 of 1
VinylRichTea
by VinylRichTea » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:14 pm
I cannot seem to get this to work, it shows no signal. How I have connected this, is the graphics card from my PC goes into the input on the display splitter, and the two outputs one into my monitor which is a 2560x1440 IPS displayport connection and the other into a capture card (using a 4k HDMI adapter). However I get no signal when I connect, I haven't even got round to testing the capture card input as I can't even get any input from my monitor. At first I thought it might be because I have a refresh rate set at 144Hz but I disconnected and set it to 60Hz for the time being using a separate cable from my graphics card but this didn't work. The cables are only 2m in length and they are high quality cromo cables. Any suggestions, I am starting to believe it may be a faulty unit. My monitor is an Asus PG279Q. Is the splitter compataible with Windows 10, because I'm thinking Windows 10 may not be recognising it.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:23 am
Dear VinylRichTea,

Please could you let me know the part number of the product you have purchased?

Was the DisplayPort to HDMI converter bought from Lindy, if so which part number was it please?

Guy
VinylRichTea
by VinylRichTea » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:01 pm
This is the one I purchased, Part No. 38402. http://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-c2/s ... -hub-p7886 I purchased it last year in July from yourselves, but I've only got round to trying it out as I didn't have the suitable capture card to use and this is a new monitor (I didn't need to use the splitter until recently). However, the Displayport to HDMI has not even been plugged in yet to see if that works, as I'm trying to get it to work with my monitor, I am using just displayport to displayport cables (the high quality cromo ones as well) at the moment. This is what I've done:
Graphics card OUT ---> Splitter IN
Splitter OUT 1 ---> Monitor IN.
Splitter OUT 2 will eventually go into the capture card with the converter.
The problem I am getting, with the splitter is that it intermittently flickers on and off, with the OSD on the monitor displaying "Displayport no signal detected', then the monitor switches off, and the splitter powers on again (I can see the lights come on), the screen lights up and back to square one like in a constant loop. It looks like the splitter doesn't like the signal from the video card, or the monitor doesn't like the signal from the splitter, it's got to be one of the two but I'm going with the former.
VinylRichTea
by VinylRichTea » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:00 am
HI any update on this please?

Edit: I've found the problem, unfortunately it seems that the Asus PG279Q does not like the splitter, I tried it on another monitor and it worked fine.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:13 am
Hi VinylRichTea,

If it works with one monitor but not another then it just sounds as though the chipset in your monitor is not compatible with the chipset in the DP Splitter unfortunately.

Guy
5 posts Page 1 of 1