Lindy Edid Emulator 32108 - picture is too bright

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
4 posts Page 1 of 1
olympia
by olympia » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 pm
Hello, I just bought this device second hand from e-bay. It works as intended as from EDID emulation point of view, but having the Lindy box in the hdmi chain, the picture is much brighter than without. I have a calibrated screen, but handshake issues under some circumstances. Now with Lindy no handshake issues by the initial tests, but the picture looks horrible compared to the calibrated picture without the Lindy kit.

Is this normal or my second hand box is defective? If this would be normal, does this mean I need to get my screen re-calibrated while the Lindy is in between?

Thanks for the feedback in advance!
LINDY John
LINDY Staff
by LINDY John » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:31 am
Hi,

It could be that the emulator is causing this issue, it's not really one we have come across before, where it causes problems with a calibrated TV.

if it is possible it would a good idea to try this on another TV/Panel.

If it has a similar effect then the emulator may well be faulty,
olympia
by olympia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:09 pm
I figured the issue today. Here is the solution for the records:

It was/ is an RGB colorspace issue. For some reason without the emulator my Openelec (Kodi) installation detects RGB Full Range correctly while with the emulator (using cloned edid) it detects Limited RGB range and I have to force Openelec to use Full Range. While this solves the issue and I am a happy camper now, I found this odd and I think this should not happen.

RGB colorspace is - as far as I am concerned - part of edid, so I believe the behavior with the emulator should not change unless the emulator would not clone colorspace information. Could you please clarify/ confirm that the emulator is taking care/ cloning colorspace as well during cloning?

(sidenote: I tried with another panel as well and experienced the same)
LINDY John
LINDY Staff
by LINDY John » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:32 pm
Hi again,

Glad to hear that you found a solution. I was discussing this with my colleagues and we did think that it was a possible issue.

However we also agree that this should be part of the the cloning process.

I will be trying one out in our Technical office . Thank you for the feedback
4 posts Page 1 of 1