Help with Scart to HDMI Scaler.

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
5 posts Page 1 of 1
frostbite2k9
by frostbite2k9 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:11 pm
Hi all i was recommend by a friend to buy a Scart to HDMI Scaler so i can use retro consoles on a HDMI monitor.
I bought one but i am having a slight problem with the screen flickering at random times, I`ve tried different tv`s/monitors, different consoles and psu but it still happens.
the seller says this is normal but i just wanted to check because my friends one doesn`t do it but he has a different one to me, mine is LYNDY No.38101.

Thanks for reading
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Tue May 02, 2017 9:05 am
Hi FFrostbite2k9,

Have you tried different SCART and HDMI cables on the converter to see if that stops the flickering?

Would it be possible for you to try it in your friends set-up? That would determine whether there is a fault on the unit, or if there is some form of incompatibility or other issue occurring in your set-up.

Guy
frostbite2k9
by frostbite2k9 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 am
Hi, thank you for the reply.

We've tried other HDMI cables and it was still the same, we also tried my friends Scart to HDMI on my setup and it was fine but he has a different adapter his is a lindy No. 38103.
Its a weird problem the picture and sound are perfect but every now and again the picture jumps / wobbles one frame and then is fine for a min or so then happens again.
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Tue May 02, 2017 11:16 am
Hi,

It's a bit unusual for it to display like that, it sounds as though there is some sort of interference occurring or it is possible there is a problem with the unit.

I think it's probably best that we get the converter back to have a look at, if it was purchased directly through Lindy UK, the easiest way to do that is via our online returns form at the below link.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374

Guy
frostbite2k9
by frostbite2k9 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:43 pm
Unfortunately I didn't know about these devices until it was recommended and I bought it from eBay as didn't know where to get them from, but it was brand new with a 2 year warranty.

I will contact the seller and divert them to the forum post and hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

Thank you for your help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1