Sound skips on LINDY HDMI Gigabit Ethernet IP Extender

VGA / HDMI over Cat5/6 - PS/2 / FireWire / USB Extenders
4 posts Page 1 of 1
tristann9
by tristann9 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:06 pm
Hiya,

Question regarding a LINDY HDMI over IP extender. The product has been working flawlessly since June 2016 and just last month (Dec. 2017) the sound started to skip. At first it was half a second every few minutes and then it's every couple of seconds. Unplugging the power source on both devices and then back on fixes the problem for a few hours, but then it comes back again. Another strange behaviour is that sometimes the sound goes all together, but comes back if the HDMI source is unplugged and then plugged back in. The sound skipping seems to only be temporarily resolved by restarting the devices.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this better?

HDMI Source: Sky HD
HDMI Destination: LG TV
Connection: Direct, no IP routers
Cable: Cat6 unshielded
Distance: Approx. 15-20m
Product: LINDY HDMI over IP Gigabit Ethernet IP Extender for 1080p
Item model number: 38126
ASIN: B018S4PKG8
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 am
Hi Trastann9,

Has anything else in the set-up changed, or has this issue just started to occur?

If nothing has changed then it may be a fault has developed on the extender unfortunately, in which case you would need to return it to the place of purchase for testing. If purchased directly through Lindy, the easiest way is via our online returns form here:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/return-product-i374

Guy
tristann9
by tristann9 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 pm
Hi Guy,

Thanks for replying, the setup was static and one day it started happening. After bouncing the two devices the problem disappeared for a few days. However, now it happens frequently. I bought the devices via Amazon EU S.a.r.L., can I still send it through the URL that you provided?

Thanks.

-Tristan
LINDY Guy
LINDY Staff
by LINDY Guy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 am
Hi Tristan,

In that case it may be a fault has developed then, I'm afraid you would need to return the item to the place of purchase, which in this case would be Amazon. They will cover the full 2 year warranty.

For defective or faulty items, you may not be able to return the goods through the Amazon Return Centre, you will need to contact them at the below link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contac ... ?skip=true

If you run into any issues or need any further assistance, please let me know.

Guy
4 posts Page 1 of 1