2 way hdmi splitter

PS/2 - USB - LCD Consoles - Remote Management
4 posts Page 1 of 1
but62067
by but62067 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:33 pm
I have recently purchased a Lindy 2 way HDMI splitter 1x in 2x out. I have a home entertainment system (Denon AVR 1909) with 3x HDMI inputs which have Sky, Blu-Ray & PS3 in each input and the 1x output going to the splitter supplies both the TV & Projector. When switching between the sources, Sky, Blu-Ray & PS3 using the (Denon AVR 1909) the TV screen display appears as a grey snowy picture then green for a short moment before displaying the source which is quite irritating.

Please could someone come back to me with a explanation or solution to this problem or is this a faulty bit of kit?

Thanks
Regards Paul B

LINDY Steve
by LINDY Steve » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:27 am
Hi, I'm afraid it is difficult advise as to the possible cause. We don't have access to the same equipment so it is not possible for use replicate the set-up. Can you advise what happens when you connect the TV/projector direct to the Denon. The HDMI interface use a highly complex communications system to determine the display capabilities and this process can take several seconds before the handshaking process is completed. It's possible that the lack of signal to the TV during this time is causing the issue. I don't think the splitter would be faulty as it clearly displays a signal to both the TV and projector. It may be a case of incompatibility.

Regards

LINDY Technical

but62067
by but62067 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:02 pm
Thanks for your response. When connecting the system without the splitter in line there are no issues with regard to the displayed image on the screens from the Denon. If this incompatibility problem cannot be resolved am I able to return the splitter, if I cannot put up with the sequence of snowy screen to Green before images are displayed?

Regards
Paul B

LINDY Steve
by LINDY Steve » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:53 pm
Hi, please complete our on line returns form to arrange for return of the item for inspection and testing.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/shop/returnsMerchandise.do

Regards LINDY Techical
4 posts Page 1 of 1