380095 VGA + AUDIO TO HDMI CONVERTER

VGA - HDMI - Wall Plates - Speakers - Switches - Splitters
7 posts Page 1 of 1
One_o_six
by One_o_six » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 am
Hi,
I bought the above item on a (physical) shop. Strangely, I cannot find it in this webpage...
I goal is connecting an old Dell Latitude D630 do a Panasonic TX-P50UT50E-E plasma TV.
I also bought two Lindy cables, a common HDMI and a VGA.
The device manual is very laconic and according to it I just have to plug the equipment to the computer and the TV.
Problem is, unlike a computer monitor screen I tried, when I switch to external monitor on the computer, there is no image at all in the TV.
Both screens, computer and TV, are set to quite common resolution settings. The computer is running on Windows 7, but I also tried it under Ubuntu, with similar (lack of) success.
What should I do? Should I just return the device, or is there any solution?
The TV also accepts USB and Video composites inputs, but the computer only offers VGA output.
Regards,
Jorge F

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 am
Hello,

Since this is direct and no scaling takes place, if you set the PC to output the native TV resolution this should work out of the box. No configuration is needed and no setup is required.

I would recommend a full power down and reboot for every device. Please turn the 38095 on first.

Chris

One_o_six
by One_o_six » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 am
Thanks.
I'll try again tonight.

Regards,
J

One_o_six
by One_o_six » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:14 am
Tried again, again without success :-(
Powered the device first, connected the VGA and HDMI cables, started computer, started TV, switched to 'HDMI2' input (the one I connected the cable to), switched the computer top external screen, got a black one on the TV.
Should I return the device to the shop?

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:31 am
I would recommend a return yes, it could either be faulty or incompatible.

Chris

One_o_six
by One_o_six » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:14 pm
Hi,
Tried a different monitor last night, also with a HDMI input, using a different laptop.
It worked.
Then, took the laptop close to the plasma TV, connected the device, and... It didn't work.
I'm afraid the Panasonic software could be to blame.
Don't know what to do.
Cheers,
Jorge F

LINDY Shippers
LINDY Staff

by LINDY Shippers » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:27 pm
It looks like some strange incompatibility issue, since this product doesn't do any scaling I'm afraid you have no options to change anything.

Chris
7 posts Page 1 of 1